Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Best No Receipt Return Policy

About Chilling Stories of Roald Dahl # 2


Normal

This book was not in the queue, I had it in the section of Literature for Children and Youth who do not put it in the initial queue. By the way I take to tell that this Halloween he went to Genealogy of A Witch, to conclude, and I love that book. I want to be a witch. But real witch really am I'm with my broom and board bag in pussy ITTTRUW or call now the Institute of Land Traffic.

In any case several days ago I finished this gem of Roald Dahl. The truth is that the imagination of man is enviable. I want to be like him when I grow up. In this book of stories, Chilling Tales, gives us several texts, each darker and darker. I confess that after reading the room, An African Tale, I had to wear to see an episode of Sex and the City because I knew that if I removed the images of the mind was not going to sleep.

This book features 11 stories in total. The first tattoo is about a man who gets a tattoo a picture on the back, and then goes into a controversy because I want to buy the box and do not know how to sell it.

Cordero Asado, is about a man who decides to leave his wife. Dahl envied terribly with this story, because the way focused on the reaction of the woman is brilliant. It's something I've been trying to do and I really take my hat off. This story is also very dark, almost sickly.

Then there's The Sound Machine, this is about a man who builds a machine that lets you hear sounds that are outside frequency of human hearing. You can hear such sounds made by plants and flowers, until a falling tree. This story they can ruin your experience with the flora, they are warning you. It's great.

is followed by an African tale, about a British airman who gets an old man in a hut in a desert in Africa, in Kenya, if I remember correctly. The old man is all alone in his house, has years without speaking, and can not help telling the aviator a story that leaves you totally shocked. Here Dahl draws its fantastic side, the truth is that the gift of man to imagine, to incorporate these elements to their literature and make you feel you are completely plausible, is incredible. I think of all the stories in this book, this is my favorite.

Galloping Foxley is one of those stories that keeps you in suspense until the end, and finally you get that you can not believe. The strange thing is that it is one of those things that could happen to anyone, plus you can always go further, stretching the end and wonder if the author will not be a trap rather than out of what was actually written.

Desire, is a simple story, but charming, about a boy who imagines that the carpet in your home is a kind of game where the black spots are some snakes that are going to swallow if stepped on. I think I was this little boy ever.

Is the surgeon, the truth is that this was one of the stories I liked least. The story itself is well written, is a great idea and although it is one of the longest I read with interest. However, the end I really liked. I lacked the punch that I had used the other stories.

ending is already betting. Barbaro's story is a fool who gets to bet money that does not take a cruise, and how desperately seeks a way to retrieve it. As usual with these things, the remedy is a thousand times worse than the disease.

World Champion, is a typical story about the resentment you want to scrub that has more to him, and blinded by that feeling also makes a pretty stupid idea. This story is amazing, has some beautiful images.

Beware of Dog, I liked it at first, but I think it's one of those stories that lacked a bit of development, at least for my taste. I understand perfectly what I wanted to Dahl, but somehow, I missed something I can not define.

And the last is My Dear Wife, a story is fun and not bad, but this and the previous were the least liked. Not for nothing, I think they were devised fabulous, but I would have liked a little more development, in fact what took me by surprise in this story is that when I went to turn the page and there was nothing else.

In any case, they can buy this book recommend it. The editorial Alfaguara. Red Series. It is simply spectacular.

I enjoyed it enormously. Now I'm Numa Baruch Cold and Snow of the Admiral of Alvaro Mutis, Book Reading Club Ama-gi. I will tell you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment